Sunday, August 10, 2008

Why is it??

I was an idiot at church today. I know, I know......what's new?? You'd think at 42 I could refrain from saying stupid things.I was talking to the mom of the kids I do daycare for, and I told her as soon as I went pee, I would take the baby for her. She has three girls: 4, 20 months, and seven months. Then I said "I'll wash my hands" What was that??!! Was I trying to reassure her with my bathroom habits and cleanliness?? It made it sound like I only wash for special occasions..and ma'am, your baby warrants it!! Now every time I take the baby from her, she'll wonder when I washed last. Sheesh.
Chandler had his interview to become a Deacon. He will be 12 on Wednesday, and so I planned his ordination for next Sunday. I invited family over to go to church, we'll have a BBQ, the works. Then the bishop called me in and said Chan wasn't ready. What?? He asked Chan what the priesthood was and Chan just shrugged. Part of this was me. I should have had a refresher course with him. But you would think all those FHE's and going to church each week of his life, the answers would be there. So I will make another interview and try to keep the plans the same. I asked Chan when the priesthood was restored, and with a little nudging, he recited The First Vision, and the story of Joseph Smith, and the restoration of the church. He then was on a roll and told me how the priesthood is the authority to act in God's name. I asked him why he didn't tell the bishop all this and he said the bishop asked about the oath and the covenant. I guess it threw him off. CHandler does understand how important this is, and I was a little upset he failed like that.
THen Bill tells me that in Priesthood today, the bishop made reference to the boys on high adventure not taking their priesthood seriously. Or as much as he wanted them to. I am thinking all the boys frustrated him, and then Chan shrugged in his interview. I am a little angry.
I will go over the oath and covenant with him, and encourage him to be more forthcoming with his anwers. Hopefullly Bill can get him inthis week while I am up at camp.

No comments: