Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Blog

My subscription ran out on the other one, and they wanted actual money to renew it. Uhh, no. I am just too cheap for that.

Bill has left for the day with Brittany, Cory, and Chandler. They went to Cruefest. Normally, we don't let the kids go to a concert before they are 16, but we made an exception. Oh, and Britt's boyfriend Ty went too. We NEVER call him Tyler as that is the name of our favorite 6 yr old girl. Anyway, back to breaking the rules for Chandler. His 12th birthday is coming up on the 13th. This is the year he gets a party. So, the plan has been to go to a skate park with his new board (that Amazon shipped yesterday) and have a BBQ, and friends. Then, Bill bought tickets to the concert for B and C's birthdays back in May. He bought one for me, and I graciously gave mine to Kailey.(i.e. what was he thinking??!!). Meanwhile, Chan has been listening to 6am, the headlining band. And really getting into them. Listening to the CD over and over and discussing it with Bill. Bill mentioned it was too bad Chan was so young, because he would LOVE the concert.

After thinking about it for say....five minutes, I propose to Bill that he takes Chandler, and maybe I can get out of the park party. See, I told some of you I have moments of incredible lousy mommying. I am just not looking forward to a park in August with a bunch of punky boys, mine being the punkiest. But the final decision is Chan's. I am not going to take the fall for ripping the fun away, he had to CHOOSE to. I started to talk to Chan and he didn't even let me finish before he is whooping like a madman. He excitedly picked the concert. Life is easy for me as now I am home with the two little girls and Hunter.

Kailey opted not to go, as tonight is the Irvine dance and anyone who is anyone is going. She is hoping a certain teacher inthe stake will be there. She is more like me, and concerts do nothing for her. Although, I would love to one day see Billy Joel.

The girls are out in the pool with the dog and Hunter is doing his best to fill up his recent sketch book. This gives me comp time. Bill took the camera, or I'd show you fun at it's summer best.

We haven't seen Brittany for about seven weeks. She was supposed to come over for the 4th of July, but Ty was sick. So, she comes in and gives me a half hearted hug and asks for the keys to her car. Not even a glance at her sisters. Cameryn and Tyler have always been close to B, and I was a little surprised by that. I encouraged both of them to go see Brittany and give her a hug. A few minutes later, Brittany comes in and asks to see the pictures I took of the little daycare girls this week. I thought it would be fun to make a scrapbook of some of our activites and give it to their mom for Christmas as a gift from them. Cute, huh??

Well, Brittany starts gushing how cute A is. She was in Brittany's Primary class before Britt decided to assert her independence. She wants to come over one day this week to see her. Don't get me wrong, A is cute. But, hey, what about your sisters?? Your SISTERS??!! The ones who cried for weeks when you left?? The ones who waited for every phone call and visit like two inmates waiting for parole?? Your sisters who are starting to act indifferent to you because they are tired of being hurt?? Your sisters who cling more to me tobe sure I won't leave them. Why don't you make a special trip to see them??!! Don't you dare come to see A and hurt them again.

Obviously I am still not doing well with this.

On a good note, Kmart is struggling getting people to do my old job. So far, they are paying two people to do my job, and a couple have quit. The new guy wanted info, and asked buddy Melissa if I would help him. I refused because after the way they treated me, they can deal with it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sweet! New Blog! Welcome to Blogspot! lol Thats where the party is!
I'm sorry B isn't being very sisterly to K and T!

Hugs friend!

ps... I love the scrapbook idea! Too cute!

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Love the scrapbook idea!! I bet the Mom(s) will love it. Sorry B isn't being sisterly.