Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where are they???

I know I have pics of the house I took when the landlady came out last time (2/08). I remember thinking I hope no one ever sees these because Iwas so embarrassed. Now, I could really use them. I am taking more, but to have older ones to show how long the house has been like this would really help. But, even these ones will do. Really. There is a leak under my kitchen sink. I told her plumber last week, and he said it was because I have a towel to drain my dishes. The water is running through the crack in the tile and pooling under the sink. Okay. So, I did dishes yesterday, early afternoon. We went to friends house for a BBQ, and came home and went to bed.

I get up this morning to a puddle under my sink, and pooled on the floor. Explain that. The water was barely used for 18 hours. And I didn't do dishes again. It goes against my moral code to do them twice in one day.

I pay the city five dollars a month for an extra trash can. Usually we can get away with one can, but if we have a party, or a clean up session, the second can comes in handy. Last Tuesday, the day after trash day, and the day before we found out we are moving, the next door neighbor asked if she could use our second can. Hunter had assured me the previous week that both cans were empty, and we were managing on one. So, I told her no problem and let her take it. I then figured I had better check my other can to be sure. By this time, she had my spare almost full with trash she had stacked in the garage. I open the second one and I could have died when I realized it was 2/3 full, and my little darling had lied to me.

We had a full week til trash day again, and I let him know how angry I was. He felt it my fault for loaning out our can without checking first. Today is finally trash day again. I was looking forward to getting started on the pre pack throw out. Starting with Kailey's pit, since she is home sick. Boo hoo.

Trash truck came two hours ago, and I went out ten minutes ago to get my cans. And the neighbor has filled our second one again!! I was shocked. You need a second can?? Pay for it then!! I hate to be unneighborly, but it is my can, and I really need it! I told her we have to move and I was planning on using the can this week. "Oh, I didn't think you needed it" Normally no, but couldn't you have checked first??

So, I am going to start anyway, just not as enthusiastically as I had planned.

Off to dig some more for the pictures.

2 comments:

SarahAnne said...

Grrrr to your neighbor, (((HUGS))) to you. :)

motherof8 said...

A MAXIM FOR VIKINGS

Here is a fact
that should help you fight
a bit longer:
Things that don't act-
ually kill you outright
make you stronger.

- Piet Hein

You, poor thing, are getting to be one mighty woman!

God bless!