Monday, May 25, 2009

My magic moment

In our Beehive class, I instituted "Magic Moments". I actually stole it from the RS, and I have no idea if they still do it, but our class has been doing it for almost two years. It is a time for the girls to share with us the exciting things that are happening in their lives. We get some really neat magic moments, and some silly ones, but it makes no difference. We want to know what is important in the girls lives, and we want them to know we are there for them. But, this means Sue L. ( the Beehive Counselor) and I need to share our magic moments.

After losing my income, and being told to vacate the house last week, I was a wreck, with no magic moments making themselves known. On top of all of it, I find out Cory didn't graduate his program, has blown off every interview for other programs, and will most likely end up in a homeless shelter on Wednesday, when he is released. He has done nothing. I think he is still sitting back and waiting for Mom and Dad to swoop in and rescue him. We can't. He put himself here, and he has to get himself out. I don't want to sound like a mean mom, but there are circumstances that prevent us from ever letting him live here again. My heart breaks for him, and I have been depressed all week.

To top it off, Wednesday is his birthday. Happy Birthday, Son, you have no where to live!!

Back to magic moments. I wracked my brain Sunday morning for something, anything, I could share. I was praying to Heavenly Father for anything. I mean, I am grateful for our health, we still have a house, the kids took it well, Bill is working more hours than we could have hoped for, and we have plenty of food. I am grateful for all that, but they really don't qualify as a magic moment. Ididn't want to bring the girls down by acting like Eeyore.

During Sacrament Meeting, it hit me (I am also grateful I don't have babies anymore, so I am aware when a message comes in. LOL) I have a magic attitude. I have been upbeat and happy and kept the kids in the adventure mood. That is a magic feat if anything is. So, I now had something to share. I touched lightly on my woes, and then how grateful I was that Heavenly Father gave me the gift of optimism and a happy outlook. How else could i have gotten thru these last two years without it?? I know my Heavenly Father loves me and looks out for me. He gave me such wonderful gifts-talents- and I am so grateful.

Keep Cory in your prayers that he hits bottom quickly, and decides to do something about it.