Friday, May 29, 2009

Update

Court was Wednesday. Cory's lawyer had a meet n greet with us before being called in to see the judge. He was recommending termination of probation and releasing Cory to his own custody. Cory's nineteenth birthday was the same day. This was certainly NOT in my plans for his 19th when he was a child. Anyway, the judge was happy with Cory and confident that Cory is ready to go and start his life. His juvenile record is closed, and he can come back when he is 21 and apply to have it sealed.

This is excellent news.

So, Cory is staying with us while he tries to get JobCorp going. The judge said the state forgave him, and if we forgave him, why can't he stay til things are set?? WE agreed, and he has taken over our living room for now. We still are on alert, and I doubt things will ever change there, but we are happy to have him home. The four younger kids are thrilled.

Kailey was not. Kailey has not forgiven him. She also refused his efforts at an apology. We took her out there one day last year so he could apologize. His counselor talked to her first, explained where C was in the program, what exactly would be said, and how did Kailey feel about it?? Kailey said "I'll wait in the car. I am not interested in what he has to say" The counselor backed her up, and we left with Cory upset and hurt. But, Kailey has been upset for a few years. I talked to her about how she is justified, and I understand, but she will never get past this if she doesn't hear him out, and let him apologize.

So, when he came home with us unexpectedly on Wednesday, she was shocked. I tried to soothe her wounded heart, and we had a long talk. I asked her just to be pleasant (to the best of her abilities) and pretend he is not here. "Pretty hard Mom, when he is 6'2 and 280 p0unds."

She did good Wednesday. Spent most of the day in her room, probably calling and texting her friends with her frustrations. Yesterday, Cory went to work with Bill, and as I was at the DC house for the day, she ditched school. My sweetie. She and I texted all day her with her questions, and me with what I hope were my reassurances.

This morning, they were laughing and talking like old times. I hope she is okay.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

((hugs))

I don't know what I would do in your place.

Prayers for you all.

motherof8 said...

Oh, and how is the housing situation coming along?