Sunday, February 15, 2009


So, Brittany did make it home. We had a wonderful BBQ, with burgers (her favorite), dogs, and chicken thighs marinated in soy sauce and 7up. I can hope most of the sugar went up in the smoke we so generously shared with the cranky ladies. It was nice to see her, and the kids were stunned when she just opened the door and walked in. We had told them we had a Valentine surprise for them, and they were guessing silly stuff. The chocolate cake with pink sprinkles?? Dad showered?? When she walked in, and the kids about cried, it was worth the stress trying to keep the secret, and the anger when she promised us 10 am and it was almost 2 when she actually showed. But we had a nice day. Ty didn't come, he went to his aunt's house instead. I am thinking he is afraid of us, even though I try so hard to make him feel welcome.
Cory finally passed Brittany in height. She is 6' exactly, and he is 6'2. LOL. She was always the tallest kid her age. I called her my giraffe, because she is mostly legs and neck. But if you notice, Kailey is not that far behind her.
I had to change my user name on the message boards I frequent. I have been on one board for about 4 years now, and these women have become very good friends. They were there for me when all Cory's mess happened, when Brittany left, and when Arik passed last month. On this board I posted Arik's eulogy, and from that, with the help of Google and the library's computer, my sister, Debbie, posted the nastiest post I have ever seen. She wrote the post to me, but it was my mom she was talking to. In her drunken stupor she may have gotten confused, even with my name at the bottom in 4" glittery red letters. She babbled on about how she wished we would have called and told her Arik was having problems, because she or any one of his sibling would have gladly taken him in and given the unconditional love he so needed. Yeah, that's why you never called on his birthdays, never called just to see how he was, and in fact was deemed unfit by the state of CA and your rights terminated in his FIRST YEAR of life. If you ever did call the house, it was to talk to DAd about sending you more money on the sly, since the witch of a woman who raised you, and was now raising your son, didn't feel it was right to pull from their SS to pay for your drugs, alcohol, or put money on your books in jail. How selfish of Mom. How many times did Dad say "You haven't even asked about Arik yet" I heard him a few times myself. There was no way you were interested in his life, and if the truth were told if Dad had asked you to take him, you would have had 101 excuses why you couldn't. For you to now feel justified in hurting Mom when she is deeply grieving a little boy she hoped would come back to her is evil, and beyond forgivable. His pedi, and school counselor both agreed that his anger issues, and his confusion were linked to the drugs in utero. So actually Mom was just trying to help him deal with the cards you dealt him. If his blood is on anyones hands, it is yours. And if you ever contact me again with your claptrap, I will verbally let you have it. You were given the gift of a wonderful mother when you were seven, and you spit in her face. You never let her get close to you, or to Patty. All this is on you, and you leave me and my mother alone.
I guess I was more upset than I realized. Now I am crying again. How can anyone use someones grief against them, just to make themselves feel better. I actually feel hate for my own sister. She has lung cancer, and I in my upset and hurt state, do not care. I need to go see the bishop, for I am not worthy of holding a calling right now. Forgiveness for this level of hurt will be hard

4 comments:

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

I am so sorry Pam about having ot change your user name!! But happy that B came home!

motherof8 said...

Dad showered???! love it!

Glad that B came back and you had a nice BBQ!

So sorry about the pain you and your Mom are going through!
Your sister is obviously sick and I don't mean the cancer. Forgiveness is tough! But it isn't for her or have anything to do with whether she deserves it. We need to learn to forgive because of what not forgiving does to us. It won't be easy, and maybe the Bishop can help, but somehow you have to give it all to God and lift this burden off your heart and soul.

If your sister does not repent, I truly believe she will experience all the pain she caused and she will know what could have been had she made better choices. That is what I believe hell to be. She won't get away with anything. Don't worry about that!

I don't remember where I heard it, but I believe that God has promised that someday all who have suffered will say that everything is alright. They will see the big picture, have their reward, whatever; but no matter what bad things happened to them, God will make it good.

When I hear about some of the horrible things that have happened to people, I hang on to that.

In the meantime, remember that there are people who love you and, because you honor her, honor your mom.

Jenn said...

(((Hugs)))

Co & Larry said...

Amen to what Barbara has said. Forgiveness is very hard, do-able, and worth it, for it brings us peace. I will keep you in my prayers.