Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Old age creepeth

Yeah, I am feeling it. I turned 43 on Friday. Where did the time go?? I made myself a sour cream devil's food cake, with splenda rather than sugar, and it wasn't so hot. It was flat and dry. Kind of a waste of ingredients and time. The frosting was fantastic though. LOL I admit, I took a whole piece, just to pick off the frosting.

Brittany called last night to say they aren't coming down for thanksgiving after all. Before I could get too upset she said it is because they are saving their money for a uhaul to move back here. I was so excited. I told her this had been really hard on me, even though I swore to myself I would not use guilt on her. We had promised 100.00 for gas for the TG trip, so we are hoping to come up with little more to help with the rental. I am just glad she is moving back home.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

I missed your birthday!! Sorry, blame my old age, you young thing.

Happy news about Brittany!

SarahAnne said...

Happy late birthday, friend! I'm so glad to hear about Brittany - that's a great birthday present!