Friday, October 3, 2008

20 years??

Really?? It doesn't feel that long. It seems just last week when Bill and I made our vows. I was 22, and ready, and Bill was 25 with a ponytail down his back. I braided it nice for the wedding. LOL. He has a lot less hair now, but he would rather we not discuss that.

Seven kids, many moves, cars, possessions, and financial hurdles later, we are still going strong. He is my best friend. How lucky I am I found him. He was raised differently, with no religious influence except his mom telling him he was Catholic. He had no idea what that was or what it meant. He smoked, drank, and dabbled in illegal substances (I, being the good Mormon girl I was had NO idea) He started coming to church when three yr old Brittany laid it on thick and told him all her friends' daddies came to church. By the time we had three kids, he was baptized, and we took four (with one in the oven) to the temple.

So, in celebration, we are headed to the Olive Garden today for lunch. A late lunch, two days late. The 1st was the actual day, but I had the three little girls til 7pm, and P til 9. So, no daycare today, but Tyler has an eye appointment. So, instead of a romantic lunch while kids are in school, we will have a late lunch after Kailey gets home. Ya make do.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on 20 years!! That's great!

Amy aka sjmjsmom from ivillage

motherof8 said...

Congratulations! How wonderful and sweet. Wishing you loving friendship forever! I think that wish is sure to come true!