Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sigh

So, keeping on my diabetes meds has proven difficult. We don't have insurance on Bill and I. So, whenever I go see the dr, I pay 15.00. This is a fair price I think. They go on a sliding scale, and with Bill collecting unemployment, this is our share. But, it doesn't cover the blood tests I need to make sure the meds are helping or not. That is an additional 100.00, which is more than we have been able to come up with recently.

So, I went to the doctor a few months ago, and got quite the lecture. I tried to explain, but she wouldn't hear it. She said this was more important. Okay, which kid should miss meals so I can have a blood test?? They are already wearing ratty shoes. My boys haven't had their hair cut in months, and it is embarrassing. Where am I going to squeeze money from?? We get free bread on Tuesdays to help.

Now I am low on my meds. I know the doctor will not reup my prescription without the blood work. Now what??

Oh, and to make it worse, we are putting our rent money toward Bill's insurances so that he can go to work and support his family. Keep your fingers crossed that the landlord doesn't pop a cork over it. LOL

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Someone needs to go to the Bishop and ask for help. I am sure that he would help with your medical. Maybe the rent. Perhaps more if you need.

He may know of people in the ward who can help with "little things" - someone who would cut the guys' hair, for instance.

Isn't it funny, some people join the church just because they want church welfare, while many faithful members suffer needlessly - and let their children suffer - rather than ask for help or "impose." I agree that we should do all we can ourselves, but there are times when we cannot do it all. That's ok. Maybe there is service you can to do in return. When things pick up again, be generous in your donations.

Talk to him.